Search This Blog


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ottawa Bluesfest Starts Today

Get Ready to Listen to the MUUUUUUSIC!

                                                

Well folks today starts another year of the Blues yes indeed The Ottawa Bluesfest Festival starts today...and it is year 17 for it..But is it really the blues this year? Hmm well for a number of years now I have heard people bitch, complain, that it ain't the bluesfest it use to be..Looking at the line up this year I have to totally agree. I am thinking it should be called Metalfest..Just look at the heavy rockers who are there this year ...Like Iron Maiden

                                               
opening night...Yeah like they are the blues.. Okay I know for allot of musicians summertime is tour time and if you look at the bluesfest line up you will see exactly how many bands, musicians, are playing on all stages. It is pretty cool in that fact that if you don't like this band or that band you just move to a different venue stage ... But again looking at the selection of blues people, did bluesfest people forget us die hard blues players?
Well all I have to say follow on as I will give you my views, opinions on the shows I do catch.
One that I am really looking forward to and yeah doing allot of promo work for this only because of how much I love that sound,the musicianship,and the vocal power of Jen Haan,  the reunion of  british band  Babe Ruth with all the original members is one show that you should catch. They will be playing the Subway Stage at 9:15 on Friday Saturday July 9th

                                             

             Babe Ruth should never be forgotten as one of the best rock bands to ever come out of England.





 I first met them at a greet and meet back stage in 1972 thanks to the place I was working at the time.
I saw them again a few years later, I was the first person in Ottawa to have their First Base Album too which I still have today in mint condition... 

Well I am off now for the loudness of Iron Maiden and shit yes  I forgot my friggen earplugs. I may have a little ear damage in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment